Dental hygiene, examinations, and cleanings at Shroyer Family Dental
At Shroyer Family Dental of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, our team dedicates time to educating patients on maintaining good dental hygiene by regularly attending dental exams and professional cleanings. Deep teeth cleaning allows for plaque removal, and learning how to brush correctly and floss the teeth between visits can significantly improve one’s oral health and wellness. Dr. Adam Shroyer works directly with patients to educate them on good habits to avoid cavities and disease.
What are some proper dental hygiene habits and tips to follow?
- Regular dental examinations. Dental exams allow your dentist to catch any potential problems early before they become more serious. Dr. Shroyer will evaluate patients with an intraoral examination and may use x-ray imaging to check the overall health of the bone and teeth from beyond where one can see.
- Professional teeth cleanings. Professional cleanings remove tartar and plaque build-up that can lead to cavities and gum disease. Deep teeth cleaning should be done at least twice a year to remove plaque, tartar, and calculus that can contribute to decay and disease.
- Brushing and flossing regularly. Brushing twice daily and flossing once daily help remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth. If you are unsure how to brush and floss correctly, our dental hygienists can assist in educating you on tips and techniques to use.
- Eating a balanced diet. Eating a healthy diet helps your overall health, including your oral health. This includes being mindful of how many sugary drinks and foods you consume and doing your best to reduce or even eliminate processed foods from your meals.
- Avoiding tobacco products. Tobacco use increases your risk for gum disease and other oral health problems.
Request an appointment today
Dr. Shroyer and his team in Mt. Pleasant, IA, are available to assist you with deep teeth cleaning, intraoral examinations, and education on brushing and flossing the teeth for a healthier smile. If you are considering a new dentist in the community and want to start working with the team at Shroyer Family Dental, call (319) 385-4680 today to request an appointment at the office, conveniently located at 217 East Monroe Street.